Friday 14 June 2013

As Euro and Pound fall Yen strengthens



It looks like European currencies have finished their bullish marches and are ready to correct versus the greenback and also Japanese Yen. All technical sings are showing a reversal in Japanese Yen against all major currencies. I am not an expert in fundamental analysis, but that is also indicating that the downtrend in Yen that started at the end of November last year is about to end. I talked about the current conditions that are similar to those of 2012 (when Yen reversed) in my last post. 

I mostly concentrate my short orders around eur/jpy and gbp/jpy pairs. The reasons have been stated above. A few orders are already opened and I will start adding more when the eur/jpy breaks below 124.94 and gbp/jpy below 147.08. These are important support areas and if they break the move downward should accelerate. In fact, a conservative technical trader would have to wait for those levels to be broken before entering his first selling trades. I might be a little bit too early with my trade decisions, but as my stop loss orders are in place I am not afraid of anything. Hope the trend in Japanese Yen will really start this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment